THE ROOM MAKERS® Wallbed System
SICO® has become the proven wallbed of choice for major hotel chains, timeshare properties and residential applications around the world. Our secret is in the "SICO® Compression Power Pack System" that allows the bed to be truly adjustable even after years of use. Traditional spring systems just don’t compare because once they have stretched out, a bed becomes heavy and cumbersome to operate. The SICO® Power Pack System makes it easy to lift any size bed up and down with the touch of a finger. This model also features a conventional innerspring mattress and box spring for exceptional comfort. THE ROOM MAKERS® bed is the perfect replacement for uncomfortable sofa beds.Two Rooms in One
Enjoy two rooms in the space of one with a multi-functional wallbed system from SICO®. Whether a home, condo, timeshare unit, or hotel suite, a SICO® wallbed is the perfect way to add more usable living space to your room. Use the same room for sleeping at night, and functional use during the day.A Real innerspring mattress, Box Spring & Padded Head Board
THE ROOM MAKERS® wallbed offers the sleeping comfort you or your guests will enjoy - a conventional innerspring innerspring mattress plus a standard box spring. Six bed sizes are available - twin to king. The slanted, padded headboard is a delight for reading, or watching TV in bed. THE ROOM MAKERS® wallbeds accept quality bedding purchased from SICO®, or a mattress of your choice. It will also accommodate the thickness of a 10 ½" pillow-top mattress.The SICO® Promise
Protected by a 5-Year Warranty on the frame and mechanism. Lifetime Warranty on welds.
Wall Bed Package Choices
THE ROOM MAKERS® wallbed comes in 6 bed sizes: Twin Regular Length, Twin Extra Long, Double/Full Regular Length, Double/Full Extra Long, Queen and King. (See specifications for bed dimensions.)
Every bed package includes:
- Innerspring mattress & Box Spring.
- Finished Face Panel & Bed Recess consisting of two vertical panels and a bridge-header.
- Hardware and Installation Instructions.
- Optional customized furniture cabinetry and finish.
1) THE ROOM MAKERS® Wallbed System - A traditional vertical folding bed design with the comfort of a conventional innerspring mattress and boxspring.
(THE ROOM MAKERS® vertical-folding wallbed system with custom cabinetry illustrated above.)
2) THE ROOM MAKERS® Side-Fold Wallbed System - The ideal choice when low ceiling heights or soffits are an issue. A great space efficient choice for small rooms and cramped spaces. Bed folds horizontally and can be mounted on wall or floor. Recommended for dormitory, basement or low ceiling applications.
(THE ROOM MAKERS® side-folding wallbed system with custom cabinetry illustrated above.)
THE ROOM MAKERS® Features & Benefits
(SICO's® traditional style wallbed illustrated below.)
- Padboard - Made of ½" (1.3cm) foam, over-laid on ½ (1.3cm) plywood that is slanted like a prop-up pillow for reading in bed. The padboard automatically folds over pillows and holds them in place when the bed is closed.
- Headboard - Made of ¾" (2cm) Particle board with a 24oz. (672grams) Naugahyde vinyl protective covering that is available in six standard colors. Headboard keeps pillow from falling off of bed.
- Compression "Power Pack System" - (A SICO® Exclusive) - Bed comes equipped with 2 Powerpak/cam units that make it easy to raise and lower any size bed with the touch of a finger tip. The coil is compressed when the bed is lowered to the floor and expands back to its original position when the bed is stored in the upright position. Using this technology, the coil is never fatigued by stretching like traditional Murphy style bed springs that lose elasticity over time and become difficult to operate.
- Fully Adjustable Bed Mechanism - Allows for precise tension adjustments.
- SICO's® Premier Innerspring Mattress - Offers the sleeping comfort of a conventional bed over hide-a-way and roll-a-way beds. Bedding is custom made to stringent SICO® specifications. Choose quality SICO® bedding or provide your own innerspring mattress.
- The Box Spring - The box spring is attached to the bed frame with screws, and the mattress is secured to the box spring with a VELCRO™ mattress strap.
- Bed Frame - Constructed of 16 gauge durable C.R.E.W steel tubing.
- Rubber Corner Bumpers - Protect the corners of your bed.
- Handle / Leg Support - Handle doubles as a way to pull the bed down and acts as leg support. Or, you can use bed face molding as legs and handles (custom).
- Six Bed Sizes - Designed to accommodate all standard bed sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Double, Double XL Queen & King sizes available.
- Mounting System - May be floor or wall mounted. Operates independently of the cabinets or walls around it.
- Pillow Storage - Pillows can be left on the bed when folded.
- Recess Concealment - Bed comes completely out of the recess for sleeping.
- Face Panel - A decorative face panel becomes a finished wall panel when the bed is raised. No doors to bother with.
- Hidden Mechanics - THE ROOM MAKERS® mechanics including power packs are concealed out-of-sight.
- Warranty - Protected by a 5-Year Warranty on the frame and mechanism. Lifetime Warranty on welds.
- Roommaker Wallbed 1900 Series Side-Fold Bed Specifications
- Roommaker Wallbed Specifications
- Roommaker Wallbed Specifications Metric
- Roommaker Vertical Wallbed Dimensions
- Hospitality SICO SUITE Dimensions
- SICO Room Maker Wallbed Dimensions
- Room Maker Wallbed Specifications
- SICO Fire Station Room Maker Wallbed Dimensions
Bed Frame & Vinyl Colors
Vinyl is applied to the headboard. Paint is applied to the bedspring & bed frame. Bed frame paint will match vinyl color.
Open enlarged view of Bed Frame & Vinyl Colors in new window.